PHP Link Directory

Go Back   PHP Link Directory Forum > PHP Link Directory (phpLD) > PHPLD Community

PHPLD Community Have suggestion about the site? Or want to network?

topic widgets
Old 04-12-2011   #1
enwebdirectory
Licensed

Exclamation HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while

Hello I just purchased the script and bought a hosting at fatcow.com but now i"m getting an error message after uploading everything. HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.
This is the error message i get so please help. I haven't even got to the install page. I chatted with their support and they couldn't find out what the error was.

I've also followed your manual exactly.. :( I've tried deleting the htaccess file, changing the permission to 755, but still same error. Please help :(

Last edited by David; 12-08-2012 at 07:29 AM.
enwebdirectory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011   #2
James
:)
Licensed

First, here is a little more information about 500 errors and what you can do, but by all means, please open a support ticket. We are happy to help. Most likely this error is a result of not setting the permissions for the folders correctly on the installation.

Last edited by David; 12-08-2012 at 07:35 AM.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011   #3
bruleo
Licensed

Solutions are not allowed to be posted here anyway and if for the paid version, will not be posted outside the paid version forum.

If you have paid version then you need to add your forum user name to you phpLD profile and associate your domain to your licence. Then if you have a problem, you should either raise a support ticket or access the paid version forum for an answer that may already be posted.

Bruce.

Added by David:
Opening a support ticket is the fastest way to get an answer. We are not trying to hold back anything from you, but sometimes we just need to take a look and see what is going on and have access to your site, and it can get confusing on the forums for people. We solve 99.9% of support tickets.
($2.50 each or free if over $10.00 spent on other mods for self-install)
~~~~
~~~~
Access to our mods requires a confirmed account at www.bruleo.com and is subject to licence conditions being honoured.

Last edited by David; 07-01-2012 at 08:35 PM.
bruleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011   #4
raulbox
Licensed

yes, it's a paid version, i just pursached it!
it is a bit mess of forum, as long as i know a forum is a place to share knowledge, problems and solutions.
I do prefer to find a solution to learn from my mistakes thant open tickets. Anyway, where is that paid forum?

By the way, the solution should be writen in the instalation manual by saying that all the files and folder should be with 755 permision except the ones that require 777

thanks for your quick reply Bruce.
raulbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011   #5
deceiver
Mentor
Licensed

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
You will need to add your forum username under forum username and associate your domain name to your licence purchased under my sites and you will have access to the 3.x 4.x forums.

http://www.phplinkdirectory.com/safe/my_profile/

If it does not grant access right away you will need to wait for james to grant it for you.

deceiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011   #6
James
:)
Licensed

I suggest reading the installation instructions a bit closer instead of scanning them

you will see the notes about 755.

In addition if you ask for support it will be via tickets as that is how we do it.

There is no other support option.

Welcome the forums and I have ensured you have access, however this is not a free for all forum that you may be accustomed to.

Last edited by David; 04-30-2012 at 03:47 AM.
James is offline   Reply With Quote