First the Important Fine Print:
This mod is considered Beta! It will keep the Beta name for an extended period of time which means you are using it at your own risk, and we cannot be responsible for unexpected changes to your database or site as a result of the use of this modification.
This mod is only available for license holders and will be found here.
Installing the Google Spreadsheet Import Export Mod:
Note: if you are scared to install this yourself, we can install it for you for $30.
1. Backup all your files and database.
2. Upload the files from the download package overwriting any existing files (ex. functions.php) and adding new files.
Entering Google Docs Settings:
Next you want to login to your admin panel and go to
Setttings > Google Account
Then you will see a page like this and you will enter the settings
Exporting links to Google Spreadsheets:
In admin, go to System > Export Google Docs
To export to google docs, just select the fields (usually all of them), and then click Export!
Editing Spreadsheet in Google Docs:
Here are some notes about editing the Google Spreadsheet:
1. You can edit existing links, and when you import, it will import the edited text
2. When adding a new link, you do not need to give a Link ID value. Assuming your PLD_LINK_SEQ table is correct (and it should be), a new ID will automatically be assigned on import
3. You cannot delete a link in the spreadsheet at this time. Doing so will have no effect on the import (just won't import or check that link ID)
4. In the Status column, 2 means it is an active link and 1 means it is a pending link.
Importing from Google Spreadsheet:
It would be highly recommended that you make a backup of your database before moving forward, and be prepared to revert back if you don't like the results!
In admin, just go to System > Import Google Spreadsheet and click on "Start Importing". You may also need to go to Admin > System > Maintenance and Clean Temporary Files to see your changes live.
« Back to Mods
Previouse article: Hide Affiliate Link Mod
Next article: Directory Reports