- Improved Mod Rewrite
- Language Files - making it easier to install in other languages. In the install process, there will be a choice of languages at the beginning. Also, creating a new language will be as simple as editing just one file. This is already complete and undergoing final testing.
- Improved Captcha - some users experienced problems with the captcha due to some hosts not having all of the necessary GD components installed on their server. In addition, some people complained the captcha was too difficult to read. In 3.0, there is greater compatibility, as well as configuration options that allow you to make the captcha easy to read, or more challenging. This is already done and in final testing.
- Pages for each link - we've had a number of requests for this, so there will be an option to "View More" for each link, and this feature can be turned on/off in admin. On the view more pages there will be additional information such as long description, creation date, etc.
- Maintenance Section - admin can run certain sql commands including database backup. Also, there will be a method to run a tool that caches the category structure, so that we can more easily find the parent and child structures, making queries faster, so that we display category counts easier, build site maps, and remove the some of the current limitations.
- Sitemaps - listing all categories, and hopefully an xml file for Google sitemaps too.
- IP and Domain banning - sometimes you have a problem with a certain domain or ip making repeated submissions. This will allow you to block these people from submitting (as well as view the ip of submitters).
- Search Function is Admin - this will make it much easier to locate links in the admin when you need to edit or delete a link.
- Small fixes - we'll try our best to review some of the common problems people have reported in the support forums and fix those too.
Recover some costs acrued in the development of 3.0
Pay programmers to provide some basic support
Continue developing and improving the software
« Back to News
Previouse article: 3.0 Scheduled for Release February 1, 2006
Next article: New Directory Launched